Harbour Island, Bahamas
4 Bedrooms with Bathrooms En Suite (Sleeps 8)
Prices start at $11,750 week. Depending on the time of year, the house has a 3 night minimum.
Gumelemi Bluff is not only a very nice house but its location is one of the most sought after on this idyllic island. Sitting high on a bluff, this very attractive property overlooks distant islands and the famous bone fishing flats which are fun to explore at high tide in one of the property’s sea kayaks. The views are gorgeous at any time of the day but they are especially spectacular at sunset. What could be a more glorious way to end the day than watching the sun slip into the bay while having drinks at the pool or from the thatched "honey hut" overlooking the water?
Built on one level and fully air-conditioned, the main house has 3 bedrooms with bathrooms en suite and the pool cottage, which is connected to the main house by a bougainvillea covered pergola, has an additional bedroom and bath. A 2,800 sq. ft. terrace with numerous comfortable chaise lounges, palapas and seating areas surrounds the fresh water pool. There is an outdoor dining area under a covered porch, which also has a comfy seating area, as well as another under the perola with a picnic table and benches. The beach is just a few minutes walk and offshore, the reefs are filled with tropical fish so snorkeling here is great. When building Gumelemi Bluff the owners’ attention to detail was meticulous and is evident throughout. The result is a lovely house in a dazzling and serene setting.
- Great Room with sitting and dining areas and a fully equipped kitchen
- Master bedroom with a king-size bed, bathroom en suite with a tub and French doors opening to the pool deck. Making this bedroom even more wonderful is an outdoor bathroom that has a tub, large shell sink and a shower with a view of the bay.
- Coral bedroom with twin beds (can be made into a king), bathroom en suite with a tub/shower and French doors opening to the pool deck
- Monkey bedroom with twin beds, bathroom en suite with a tub/shower, an outdoor shower with a water view and French doors opening to the pool deck
- Sitting room and kitchenette
- Bedroom with a king-size bed, bathroom en suite with a tub/shower, an outdoor shower and French doors opening to the pool deck
Air-conditioning throughout, cable/satellite television, stereo system inside and out, WiFi DSL Internet access, VCR, DVD and CD players, video and music libraries, generator, wet bar, fax/printer/copier, iPod connection for use with house stereo, gas and charcoal grills, ceiling fans, washer/dryer, safes (in the Master Bedroom, Monkey Bedroom and the Cottage), telephone (with Vonage line for free long distance calls), backgammon board, linens, terry cloth bathrobes in each bedroom, CB to call a taxi, 2 paddleboards, 4 sea kayaks, hammock, snorkel equipment, outdoor ping pong table and a bocce court.
Daily maid service (not Sundays or holidays)
Chef and extra maid service
- Pets may be allowed with the house owners’ permission.
- The living room fireplace is not for guest use.
- No smoking indoors, please.
- There are a washing machine and dryer but are only to be used by the maid.