Harbour Island, Bahamas
4 Bedrooms and 3.5 Bathrooms (Sleeps 8)
Prices start at $11,550 week
Plaisance is one of the most attractive and fun properties on Harbour Island. Situated right on the beautiful bay, this charming gated house sits on 3.5 acres affording guests a great sense of privacy. Wonderfully designed, Plaisance is perfect for two since the master bedroom occupies the whole top floor, great for four with a guest room downstairs and spacious for eight with a two-bedroom cottage located near the front gates. Throughout Plaisance, the décor is very nice and the whole layout is visually appealing. This is a house loved by its owner and the attention paid to detail is everywhere.
Plaisance also has one of the most unique pools anywhere. Surrounding the house, like a moat, is a winding lagoon that flows under the dining room into a large free form pool. Located just off a loggia with sitting areas, the pool looks over the lush, pretty garden to the bay. At one end of the pool is a bridge over the lagoon that leads to another sitting area. From there steps go down the lawn to the adorable dock house, which has a sitting room, and the dock, which has stairs into the water. Plaisance really is a wonderful island retreat.
- Large living room with a fireplace, ceiling fans and French doors opening to a loggia and the pool
- Library with a fireplace, CD/DVD and doors opening to the terrace
- Dining room with tall windows looking east and west over the pool
- Octagonal sitting room with air-conditioning, bar, backgammon table, TV, CD/DVD and pool table. This room is accessed from the loggia.
- Fully-equipped kitchen with a breakfast area overlooking the lagoon. A door opens to another terrace with a table, chairs and a propane grill
- Separate wet bar off the dining room with a fridge and door onto the pool terrace
- Powder room
- Bedroom with twin beds, bathroom en suite with a Jacuzzi tub/shower and a door onto the terrace
- Huge master bedroom suite with a four-poster king-size bed, fireplace, TV and doors opening to a private porch with an outdoor shower and fantastic water views. Its equally huge bathroom has a large tub, separate shower, a comfy daybed and a doors onto the porch.
- Living room and efficiency kitchen with a sink, stove and fridge
- Bedroom with king-size bed and doors to a terrace
- Bedroom with twin beds and door to terrace
- Bathroom off living room with a sunken tub/shower
- Living room with a small wet bar and a bathroom with an adjoining indoor/outdoor shower that is screened
- Sliding doors open onto a terrace with chaises longues and chairs overlooking the harbor
Air-conditioning in the master and guest bedrooms, sitting room and guest cottage; cable TV; DSL Internet access; stereo; fax; laundry room; automatic generator and new water system
Maid service 6 days per week (not Sundays or holidays)
Chef and dock rental which would be at prevailing marina rates in this area
- The bridges over the lagoon to the front door and at one end of the pool, have no handrails and are between 6' and 8' wide.
- Multi-leveled terraces
- Boat not included
- The dock is 170 feet long and there is between 7’ and 8’ of water at low tide. There is also 200 amp service to the dock.