Providenciales, Turks & Caicos
6 Bedrooms and 7 Bathrooms (Sleeps 12)
Bajacu is a fantastic villa on Provo’s south shore with a breathtaking 270-degree view of the Caribbean. This remarkable gated compound, standing alone on a hilltop, was designed by the world famous Mexican architect Marco Aldaco, whose work is frequently published in Architectural Digest as well as other magazines and art books. Reminiscent of the spectacular villas he created in Careyes, Bajacu is built around a wonderful 33’ high thatched roof palapa, under which is a large open living room. Also reminiscent of this chic Mexican enclave is Aldaco’s use of vibrant color, which becomes even more spectacular as the day progresses.
Bajacu is surrounded by 11 private acres and it has a lush tropical garden full of coconut and royal palms, fruit trees and a myriad of bushes and flowers including bougainvillea, jasmine, and frangipani. Also set in this exotic garden are two dramatic infinity pools that are solar heated and that cascade into one another. The small pool, which is fun for children, is 24’ x 15’ (4’ deep) and the larger, which curves around the spacious sun deck, is 170’ x 24’ (4’ to 8.5’ deep). It culminates at the foot of a very chic pergola linking the palapa to three separate areas: the living room, the formal dining room and the outdoor dining area. A small lane from the house leads down to a delightful private sand beach with parking for golf carts and 2 charming palapa daybeds and a beach house with a fully-stocked bar, bathroom and shower. Guests may have breakfast, lunch, drinks and dinner both there and on the beach.
The 6 air-conditioned bedroom suites are designed to ensure the utmost comfort and privacy. The master bedroom is set apart for even more seclusion. Each has a flat screen cable TV, DVD, Wi-Fi, telephone, safe, walk-in closet, ceiling fan, hairdryer, bathroom with a separate tub and rain shower and a private terrace with panoramic sea views.
Throughout the villa antiques from China, Indonesia and Africa and unique artwork create a beautifully designed though relaxed atmosphere. Among the pleasures of this great house are the many special areas where one can relax in total privacy. Bajacu, which means “rising sun” in the language of Caribbean natives, offers guests uncompromising luxury, beauty and serenity. With its excellent staff and amenities, this superb retreat is like a private 5-star hotel.
- Large open living room with a soaring 33’ high thatched ceiling
- Indoor living room surrounded on two sides by the pool
- Bedroom 6 with a king-size bed
- Indoor dining room seating 16 under a 32’ high thatched roof
- Shaded and tranquil outdoor dining area seating 10
- Gourmet kitchen
- Master bedroom with a king-size bed, a 15’ high ceiling and panoramic sea views. Its very private terrace has steps leading down into the pool.
- Bedroom 2 with two double beds
- Bedroom 3 with two double beds
- Bedroom 4 with a king-size bed
- Bedroom 5 with a king-size bed
Wi-Fi, home theater, gym, flat screen TV, Apple TV, Netflix, DVD Player, music system, alarm system, ceiling fans in all rooms, answering machine, fresh water making plant, golf carts, paddle boards, kayaks and laundry room. There is an office, which is located in the lower level of the staff quarters, with a computer with Internet access, fax, printer and scanner. Guests will also enjoy fresh fruits and herbs harvested on the estate.
Estate Manager, French Chef (meals are an additional cost), Butler, up to 3 Maids (depending on occupancy) Gardener, Beach Boy and Handyman. 2 of the staff live on site in a separate staff house.
A baby-sitter can be arranged in advance.
- For those unable to deal with the stairs up to the house, there is a golf cart which uses a path
- Please note that Bajacu is non–smoking
- Beaches, golf and restaurants are a few minutes away. The airport is 15 minutes and there is a marina is down the hill.