4+ Bedrooms with 6 Bathrooms (Sleeps 8+)
Prices start at $20,570 week. Can be rented with only 3 bedrooms.
7 night minimum except Christmas/New Year's when it's 14 nights
Located on the Caribbean's most exclusive island of Mustique in the Grenadines, Seastar is a charming, fully staffed oceanfront house designed by famed British set designer Oliver Messel. This lovely compound is very private and consists of four stone houses and a pool with a pavilion overlooking a rocky and beautiful cove. A small beach is adjacent to the property and a lovely long beach is just down the road. The Cotton House with its restaurants, spa, shop and beach is just a few minutes walk.
Two lily pools flank Seastar's entrance courtyard, which is surrounded by an allamanda laden trellis. From there a pair of wooden doors open into the very pretty living room that effortlessly flows into a dining pavilion with a trompe l'oeil ceiling and walls. Floor to ceiling French doors open onto the seaside terrace and pergola, which overlook Honor Bay and the islands of Bequia and St. Vincent. Flower lined paths lead to the air-conditioned bedroom cottages set in a garden full of fragrant frangipani trees. Also on the property is a vegetable garden with tiny tomatoes, lettuce, arugula, basil and mint as well as banana and papaya trees.Seastar's very nice and attentive staff pamper guests, some of whom find it hard to even leave the property. Attention is paid to everything including the delicious meals served on the terrace (breakfast), pool pavilion (lunch) and the demi-lune dining room (dinner). Even the picnics at Macaroni Beach are a treat. This is a romantic and very special house in a divine location.
- Airy drawing room with French doors on three sides
- Dining pavilion surrounded by French doors
- Powder room
- Kitchen and pantry
- Very spacious air-conditioned bedroom with a king-size four poster bed draped in filmy mosquito netting, ceiling fan, TV/VCR and telephone. Charming French doors open onto a private terrace with comfy seating that faces the water.
- Two separate bathrooms: one has a fabulous outdoor shower and the other has an indoor shower
Large air-conditioned bedroom with a king-size bed, ceiling fan, TV/DVD and big bathroom with a shower. French doors open into the garden and a small terrace. It is attached to the below cottage though each bedroom has its own entrance.
- Large air-conditioned bedroom with twin beds, ceiling fan, TV/DVD and big bathroom en suite with a shower. French doors open into the garden and a small terrace.
- Large air-conditioned bedroom with a king-size bed, TV/VCR and bathroom en suite with a shower. There are doors to a terrace and to the below bedroom.
- Small air-conditioned bedroom with a double bed and bathroom en suite with a shower and a door to the terrace. In addition to a connecting door, this room has its own entrance. This room is best for a child or nanny.
- Living and dining areas
- Wet bar with a wine cooler
- Powder room
An electric Gem car, air-conditioning in all bedrooms, stereo/CD; portable modem with Broadband Internet (works in 3 rooms), satellite TVs; lock boxes, mosquito nets and ceiling fans in all the bedrooms and hairdryers in all bathrooms
Chef, butler, maid, laundress and gardener