St. John, USVI
4 Bedrooms and 4.5 Bathrooms (Sleeps 8)
Aurora is a wonderfully designed 2,400 square foot house located on Contant Point. This area combines convenience with seclusion and spectacular views from sunrise to sunset. Aurora is minutes from town on a fully paved road and a few minutes more from St. John's white sand beaches and great snorkeling. Comprised of two buildings surrounded by lush tropical foliage and bougainvillea-filled rock gardens, the house has broad decks framed by formal Grecian columns. Aurora’s main focus is the courtyard pool terrace with its sunny and shaded areas and glorious views of the sapphire sea, St. Thomas and Great Cruz Bay. At night the twinkling lights on St. Thomas are magical.
One enters this very private property via steps, which lead down to an entrance pavilion and the villa’s main level. On either side of the pavilion, allamanda-laden pergolas connect the west wing, with the living/dining area and apartment below to the two-story east bedroom wing. From the main level more stairs lead down to the upper terrace and then a few more broad steps down to the 17’ x 22’ pool. Aurora is a wonderfully designed house, which affords privacy for all guests, very comfy furnishings and fabulous views.
Entrance pavilion with a table seating 6, which overlooks the pool and gardens to the sea
- Bedroom with air-conditioning, a king-size bed and bathroom en suite with an outdoor shower. Sliding glass doors open to a deck overlooking the pool and Pillsbury Sound. This room is almost as nice as the master bedroom and it has even better views.
- Bedroom with air-conditioning, twin beds and bathroom en suite with an outdoor shower. Sliding glass doors open to the same deck.
- Master bedroom with air-conditioning, a king-size bed and bathroom en suite with a tub and outdoor shower.
- Large sliding glass doors open to a covered terrace and the pool. It also has east, south and west views, a private rock garden terrace with a table and chairs and a tiled wet bar with a fridge. Steps lead down to an even more private terrace with a table and chaises lounges.
- Screened Great Room with a living area and dining area with a glass topped table that seats 10. Doors open to a 40’ deck with a sitting area, a dining table seating six and views of St Thomas.
- Adjoining fully-equipped kitchen
- Powder room
Upper Level (Air-conditioned and has own driveway)
- Dining/sitting room with a sofa bed and a full kitchen Sliding glass doors open to a private deck, which also has dining and seating areas.
- Bedroom with a queen-size bed and bathroom en suite with a shower. Sliding glass doors open to the same deck.
Air-conditioned bedrooms; WiFi and high-speed Internet access; cable TV, DVD player, stereo systems, ceiling fans; gas grill; washer/dryer; answering machine; iron/ironing board; hairdryers; safes; iPod docking stations, microwave; dishwasher; books and beach chairs, coolers, totes and towels. A welcome basket has a bottle of wine, coffee and snacks.
Maid service once mid week
Extra maid service, cook or chef (either can also deliver meals), stocking the fridge, drop-off dinners for your arrival, starter packages for your first days on-island, massage, manicures and pedicures at the house and private yoga or Pilates instruction
- Children over 8 are welcome (if parents are OK with outside entrances to bedrooms).
- No smoking or pets, please.
- For larger groups there is a 4-bedroom house, just down the street, that is available for rent.