St. John, USVI
3 Bedrooms and 2.5 Bathrooms (Sleeps 6)
Tucked in its own private enclave behind an electronic gate, Isla Vista has sweeping sea views from its breezy hillside location. Lushly landscaped grounds surround the house which is bordered by the gorgeous Virgin Islands National Park. The property offers wonderful seclusion yet it’s just a few minutes' drive into Cruz Bay, Caneel Bay Hotel's beaches and Hawksnest Beach. A few minutes farther are all the truly beautiful north shore National Park beaches. Isla Vista features a spacious two-level floor plan with beautiful custom interiors, expanded by dramatic island views stretching to the horizon.
Isla Vista's secluded Caneel Hill location and amazing views combined with the interior design and the attention paid to detail, keep this house much in demand. Throughout the house are cool travertine floors and grand arches that allow the spacious rooms to flow into one another. On the ground floor are two bedrooms with arched mahogany French doors opening to the pool and sun deck, which share a bathroom, and on the second floor is the sumptuous master bedroom. All three have air-conditioning.
Outside richly landscaped grounds and stately palms surround a spectacular 35’ swimming pool, adjoining Jacuzzi with a waterfall into the pool and a tiled travertine deck for sunbathing. The view from here is like a panoramic postcard of sky and sea, Cruz Bay, the unspoiled National Park and St. Thomas in the distance. Isla Vista may only have 3 bedrooms but it feels like a grand estate.
- Great Room with a seating area, mahogany and marble wet bar, 46" flat-screen satellite TV with a Bose audio system, DVD/CD player and poolside speakers and a dining area seating 6
- Gourmet kitchen on the other side of the entry hallway. This large room is beautifully designed with mahogany cabinets, granite countertops, professional gas cooktop, lots of cooking and serving pieces and small appliances, including an ice cream maker, and an office nook. Adjoining the kitchen is a separate open-air covered barbeque room with a stainless steel gas grill.
- Bedroom with a California king-size bed and a 46" flat-screen satellite TV
- Bedroom with a California king-size bed and a 33” flat-screen satellite TV
- Bathroom with double sinks and a separate WC. Mahogany French doors open to the pool and sun deck.
- Master bedroom with a mahogany four-poster California king-size bed topped with pineapple finials, a 33” flat screen TV, curved balcony with a table and chairs for two that overlooks the pool and the sea (perfect for sunset cocktails), and a large, grand bathroom with a travertine vanity with double sinks, a separate WC and a step-out balcony. Just outside, the private “al fresco” shower pavilion is bordered by serpentine walls that curve around manicured gardens and a private tiled terrace.
A/C in all three bedrooms, flat-screen satellite TVs, 3 iPod docks/radio, movie and music collections, books and games, Wi-Fi for your laptop, all-in-one printer and answering machine, automatic generator, beach chairs and coolers, electronic gate into the property, dishwasher and laundry Staff
Maid service once weekly
Cook and extra maid services
- Children over age 12 only
- Isla Vista's tenant will stay from time to time in the apartment above the garage, outside the house. However, you will probably not see or hear her at all, unless you happen to meet by chance outside the house in the driveway area. She cannot see into the house or to the pool and will not enter Isla Vista during your stay - so total privacy is assured.
- No smoking indoors