PETER BAY BEACH HOUSE
St. John, USVI
3 Bedrooms with Bathrooms En Suite (Sleeps up to 8)
This fantastic house is one of the few properties on beautiful St. John directly on the beach. Everything about Peter Bay Beach House is sublime - from its privacy to its sumptuous décor to its location in the most desirable area of the island, Lower Peter Bay. Once through the enclave’s gate, a private road winds down a hill to this lovely house, which sits on a postcard-perfect white sand beach fringed with palms and seagrapes.
Large entrance doors open to a lushly planted courtyard with arched columns framing the 12' x 40' lap pool and the dazzling view across Drake’s Channel to Jost van Dyke and Tortola. To the left is the main house with a wraparound columned porch, indoor and outdoor sitting and dining areas and the master bedroom, which encompasses the entire second floor. This suite was designed to perfection with dressing and massage rooms, an outdoor shower, a balcony with views of Cinnamon Bay Beach and a raised bed to maximize the view. Downstairs are a large, comfy living room, dining room, office and kitchen. On the right side of the courtyard is a two-story guesthouse with two large, beautifully appointed bedrooms that each has a private terrace.
Other features of this wonderful house include a bougainvillea-covered serpentine wall surrounding a smaller courtyard garden with a dining area and gas grill, a charming and romantic Balinese bed draped with filmy mosquito netting that sits almost at the water’s edge and a waterfall that cascades through rocks and foliage into a goldfish pool below. There’s even good snorkeling just down the beach off the point. Peter Bay Beach House is island living at its best and perfect for a honeymoon, a family or a group of friends.
- Wrap around porch with sitting and dining areas
- Living room with a CD/tape player, TV, VCR and doors opening to the porch
- Dining room with a piano in one corner
- Gourmet kitchen with a double stove and oven, dishwasher, microwave, wet bar and wine rack
- Powder Room
- Master bedroom with a raised king-size bed, secluded terrace with a hammock overlooking the private beach, sea and Cinnamon Bay Beach, satellite TV, VCR, DVD and CD/tape players and a stereo. There is also a deep tub set in limestone, separate room with toilet, bidet and sink, dressing room with 2 sinks, semicircular outdoor shower and a separate massage area.
- Bedroom with a king-size four-poster bed, twin daybed, private terrace with a water view and large bathroom en suite with a walk-in shower and separate toilet
- Bedroom with a king-size four-poster bed, twin daybed, private balcony with a water view and large bathroom en suite with a walk-in shower and separate toilet
Central A/C throughout, wireless DSL Internet access, screened windows, 2 satellite TVs, VCRs, large movie collection, DVD and CD/tape players, speakers on the terrace, books, games, baby grand piano, answering machine, fax machine, inter-villa intercom, safe, ceilings fans, automatic generator, full laundry room, iPod docking station, 2 sea kayaks, snorkeling gear, windsurfer, pareos, beach bags, chairs and towels, hammocks, hair dryers and lighted magnifying mirrors in bathrooms, gas grill, Graco highchair and crib/playpen and wheelchair ramps if needed.
On-site caretaker and security, concierge (spa services, restaurant reservations etc.) and maid service once mid-week. A private taxi from the St. Thomas Airport to the Red Hook ferry can be arranged and is suggested as otherwise taxis are shared and can take a long time. Once at the Cruz Bay dock, guests are met and escorted to Peter Bay Beach House.
Extra maid service, cook, baby-sitting, massage, manicures and pedicures at the house. Guests can even have a fire dancer perform at night on the beach. With at least one weeks advance notice, the house will be stocked just before arrival with the food and drinks of your choice. A $50 minimum fee or 20% (whichever is greater) plus $50 stowing fee will be added to the total cost of your groceries.
The full time caretaker lives in a separate cottage on the property.