Peninsula Papagayo, Costa Rica
8 Bedrooms with Bathrooms En Suite (Sleeps up to 22)
The all-inclusive price for 16 people* per night is $16,950 (including 13% tax. 3 night minimum) and during the December holiday season, it’s $22,600 per night (including tax. 7 night minimum.)
The lush tropical grounds are dotted with hammocks, chairs and restful areas that are perfect for quiet moments to take in 180-degree sea views and watching monkeys cavort in the trees. There are also a heated splash pool, Jacuzzi and several terraces and outdoor bars with more seating and dining areas. Two golf carts, a dozen surf boards and stand-up paddle boards, two kayaks and three mountain bikes are also available for guests. Boat charters, deep-sea fishing, helicopter tours and fireworks can be easily arranged.
Peninsula Papagayo is in the northwest province of Guanacaste on the Pacific Coast. Villa Manzu is only a short golf cart ride to the Golf & Tennis Clubhouse (Arnold Palmer designed the course), a Marina and the Four Seasons Resort. Many hiking paths lead from the villa to the several nearby beaches with the closest being only 100 yds. away. Nestled along the palm-fringed sands of the Peninsula's most coveted cove is Playa Prieta and the residents Beach Club.
Whether guests love pampered serenity or more vigorous outdoor activities, Villa Manzu has it covered. As a vacation rental, corporate retreat or destination wedding, this extraordinary villa is perfect. As the owner says, “Manzu is designed to provide guests with everything they want, as well as everything they didn’t know they wanted!”
- Pacifico - Penthouse Suite with a California king-size bed, balcony, ocean view and bathroom with a tub and shower
- La Lora - Lower Master Suite with a California king-size bed, balcony, ocean view and bathroom with a tub and shower
- Los Monos - Bunk Room with 2 king-size beds, 4 twin beds, balcony and bathroom with a tub and shower
- Plumeria - Courtyard Suite with a California king-size bed, bathroom with a tub and shower
- Naciente - Plunge Pool Suite with - 2 California king-size beds, bathroom with a tub and shower
- Arena Suite - 2 queen-size beds, partial ocean view and bathroom with a tub and shower
- Madera - Upstairs Suite with a king-size bed, partial ocean view and bathroom with a tub and shower
- Flora - Downstairs Suite with a king-size bed, balcony, garden and partial ocean views and bathroom with a tub and shower
Overseeing this extraordinary sanctuary and the villa’s team are Jenifer Cowles, the manager, and her husband, Chris. Jenifer and Chris have 20 years of experience living in Costa Rica and will contribute a wealth of knowledge to one’s experience. Jenifer's background is as a certified natural healing therapist, yoga and meditation instructor and trainer. Chris' passion is on the water, leading paddle-board tours, fishing and surfing excursions, and snorkeling adventures. The entire staff is dedicated to creating custom fun and adventure-filled itineraries for each guest, from individually designed menus to explorations of the jungle and sea to language and cultural immersion. It all starts the minute guests met at the Liberia International Airport which is a 40 minute drive from the estate.
White water river rafting • rock climbing • helicopter charter • ATV and zip line canopy tours • riding • sports fishing • meditation, yoga and personal training • diving and snorkeling • mountain biking and hiking (also to volcano craters) • wine tasting • sailing • “Chocolate Discovery” • coffee, waterfall and pottery tours • cooking and dance classes • Spanish tutoring • artistan and farmer’s markets and a Kids Club
*Each additional guest over 14 years of age is $500 per night, up to 22 guests total.