Harbour Island, Bahamas
3-4 Bedrooms with Bathrooms En Suite (Sleeps 6-8)
Prices start at $8,225 week
Seabreeze is a wonderfully laid out house in Sunset Harbour. This unique enclave of six residences, set on just over 2-acres, is nestled in a quiet cove between Romora Bay and Valentines. Built in a semi-circle, the houses have been designed and landscaped in Bahamian style with lush tropical foliage flanking each for individual seclusion and privacy. A deep water dock that’s capable of docking boats up to 120 ft with a 9 ft. draft as well as a full time property manager and maintenance staff are shared by the compound. All houses have lovely views of the bay and Eleuthera across the water. The island’s famous pale pink sand beach and dazzling turquoise ocean are just a few minutes away by golf cart.
Two-story Seabreeze has 10 ft. high ceilings and 8 ft. high windows and doors in the main house making it very airy and spacious. Upon entering, one looks through the Great Room, with its tray ceiling and wall of glass, across the pool terrace and lawn to the dock and bay. The décor throughout is very attractive and comfy. Upstairs are Ipe wood floors from South America and the other 2 bedrooms which both have private covered porches. Outside in the garden is a terrace with a dining table seating 12, chaises longues and umbrellas. The pool, which can be heated at an additional cost, has a built-in sitting area at one end and a wall fountain at the other. Across the driveway is the optional 4th bedroom (also an additional cost) that is located in a sweet cottage with a bougainvillea-laden pergola above a table and 2 chairs on the front terrace.
- Great Room with bar top kitchen, dining area seating 12 and living area with a 52” flat screen TV and iPod sound dock
- Powder room
- Bedroom with a king-size bed, walk-in closet, sliding glass doors to the terrace and bathroom en suite with a tub and shower
- Laundry room
- Master bedroom with king-size bed, walk-in closet, private porch with bay views, 40” flat screen TV and bathroom en suite with a triangular Jacuzzi tub and walk-in shower
- Bedroom with a king-size bed, walk-in closet, bathroom en suite with a shower and a private porch overlooking the driveway
- Bedroom with a queen-size bed and bathroom with a shower
Central air-conditioning, high-speed WiFi Internet, 2 flat screen cable/satellite TVs, generator, iPod sound dock, DVD player, safe, washer/dryer, dishwasher, ice maker, gas/electric barbeque grill, shared reverse osmosis water purification and a boat trailer parking area
Shalese, the housekeeper, works 6 days weekly (not Sundays or holidays). The property manager, Shabba, and the gardener work 6 days weekly.
Chef, extra maid service at $15 hour (plus $20 for transportation from/to N. Eleuthera) and babysitting
- Seabreeze may be rented as a 3 or 4 bedroom house
- No telephone (please use your mobile phone) or stereo
- Pool heating is $600 week
- No smoking indoors
- Electricity on Harbour Island is very expensive. While the rental rate includes utility charges, guests are asked to turn off the air-conditioning when not in residence.