4 Bedrooms and 4 Bathrooms (Sleeps 8 +1)
Located in Anacapri, Villa Mafalda is an historic villa built in 1950 that is named for Princess Mafalda, the daughter of Vittorio Emanuele III. This beautifully designed and charming house is in a quieter area of Capri and it has one of the most spectacular views of the Mediterranean and the Island of Ischia. Prince Enrico d’Assia, who owned Mafalda until his death, loved to paint this extraordinary view. His nephew’s restoration of the villa has made it even more wonderful and it is now one of the most sought after on the island.
Pretty walled gardens full of fragrant flowers surround the very large terrace, which has both shaded and sunny areas and several built in banquettes offering breathtaking views. Decorative urns and pots with citrus trees and other flowering plants can be found on both levels. The circular pool is just off to the side of the house and is accessible to the master bedroom by an outdoor staircase. The lighting at night makes this property magical.Mafalda is a few minutes from a very good spa at The Capri Place Hotel, which also has a Michelin starred restaurant, L'Olivo, as well as being 5 minutes from the fantastic Blue Grotto. From the villa, it's about 15 minutes by taxi to Capri's main piazza.
- Dining room, which has a vaulted ceiling, tiled floor, a fireplace and lovely antiques
- Small and pretty living room with a door onto the pool terrace
- Indoor and outdoor dining areas
- Bedroom with twin beds (pushed together), air-conditioning, bathroom en suite with a shower and a door opening to the garden
- Bedroom with twin beds, air-conditioning and a bathroom with a tub
- Bedroom with twin beds and bathroom en suite with a shower. The temperature in is room is always cool.
- Master bedroom with a double bed, air-conditioning, access to the terrace and bathroom with a tub and views of the sea and the garden
- Sitting room with air-conditioning, the same views opening onto a terrace with a staircase to ground level
Air-conditioning (included in rent) in 3 of the 4 bedrooms and upstairs sitting room, satellite TV, WiFi Internet access, fax, telephone and pool towels
Maid service 3 hours daily Monday - Saturday (except holidays) and gardener/pool maintenance 6 days per week. The housekeeper will serve an Italian breakfast 6 days week.
Cook for lunch and dinner, extra maid service, personal laundry and babysitter. Pool and house heating is extra.
The main piazza in Anacapri: 5 minutes by taxi or bus; the main piazza in Capri: 15 minutes by taxi and 25 minutes by the bus that stops outside the door of the villa. As they are often crowded, it's nicest to take a taxi, which can be called and usually arrives in 5 minutes.
- Behind the kitchen is a small bedroom with a single bed and bathroom en suite with a tub. It is suitable for a nanny or teenager and is available at an additional cost.
- Rental cars are not available on Capri so one takes taxis or a little bus.
- A dog may be allowed with prior permission from the owner for a charge of € 60 week.