Harbour Island, Bahamas
4 Bedrooms and 3.5 Bathrooms (Sleeps 8)
Prices start at $9,350 week. The house has a 5 night minimum.
This lovely yellow house sits on a hill overlooking the turquoise ocean. Cleverly designed, combining Mediterranean and Bahamian styles, Solaqua’s very attractive décor has an airy and tropical feeling. In addition, there is a wonderful sense of well-being throughout. From the very pretty front hall, painted pale blue with white wainscoting, one looks through the equally pretty Great Room through French doors to a wraparound porch with sitting and dining areas to the ocean beyond. Also on this floor is the master bedroom suite. The attention paid to detail is evident everywhere – from the Great Room’s coffered wood ceiling to the large, round nautically inspired window in one of the bathrooms.
The lower floor is reached via interior stairs or an outdoor staircase from the porch. Three bedrooms are on this level as is another sitting room with a TV. Outside in the garden is a lap pool with two waterfalls. Teak tables and chairs and comfy chaise lounges are perfect for sunbathing. At one end of the pool is a hot tub and at the other is a charming pool house with a sitting area, wine cooler and powder room. Another shady sitting area is in the loggia beside the pool. A path to the world famous pink sand beach is just 100 ft. away.
- Great Room with a sitting area and dining area with a table seating 10
- Fully equipped kitchen with an island and a wine cooler
- Powder room
- Master bedroom with king-size bed and bathroom en suite with a shower. Doors open to the porch.
- Sitting room with a TV and desk
- Bedroom with king-size bed, bathroom en suite with a tub and shower and a door opening to the pool terrace
- Bedroom with queen-size bed and a door opening to the pool terrace
- Bedroom with two double beds
- Nautical bathroom with a shower shared by the above 2 bedrooms
Central air-conditioning, WiFi Internet, cable/satellite plasma TVs, DVD and CD players, 2 stereo systems with surround sound, generator, fax/copier, video and music collections, lock box in master bedroom, telephone, gas/electric barbeque grill, 2 wine coolers, outdoor shower, dishwasher, microwave, ice maker, laundry room with a washer/dryer, linens provided and garage
The housekeeper, who works 6 days weekly (not Sundays or holidays), caretaker and gardener
Chef and extra maid service
No pets or smoking allowed