Harbour Island, Bahamas
4 Bedrooms and 3.5 Bathrooms (Sleeps 8)
Prices start at $7,700 week
Located in charming Dunmore Town, The Hatch is an 19th century ship captain’s cottage which was beautifully restored by its owners. This historic property has lots of colonial charm as well as one of the best outdoor spaces in town.
The main house has 2 bedrooms upstairs with a shared bathroom as well a large open porch. The view from the porch of the harbor and lovely sunsets is wonderful. It’s also a great space for drinks or meals. Downstairs are the 3rd bedroom and the bright and airy living room which has French doors opening to a dining loggia and the kitchen. On the other side is a very fun wet bar with stools, a fridge, ice maker, stereo, outdoor speakers and a TV and another loggia with an outdoor living room. Adding to this terrific space is a heated pool, a guest house with the 4th bedroom and a pool table. The Hatch offers comfy, inviting spaces and really great areas for entertaining.
- Living room with a beamed ceiling, window shutters, wooden floor and white slipcovers
- Loggia with a dining table that seats 10
- Kitchen with wooden countertops, stainless steel appliances (including a Viking stove and LG fridge)
- Powder room
- Bedroom with a queen-size bed, TV and bathroom en suite with a shower
- Loggia with an outdoor living room that has a large TV
- Master bedroom with a king-size bed, TV and under-floor heating
- Bedroom with a queen-size bed and TV
- Bathroom with a tub and separate marble shower which is shared by both bedrooms
- Large porch, which is accessed from the hall, with a low table and 8 chairs
- Bedroom with beamed ceilings, a queen-size bed and bathroom en suite with a shower
Window A/C units, hi-speed Internet, generator, gas grill, cable TV, DVD player, Denon stereo that any phone or iPod /iPad can be plugged into, outdoor speakers, lots of ceiling fans, safe, pool table
Daily maid service except Sundays and holidays
Chef and extra maid service
- The pool is solar heated. Should guests prefer to use the electric heat, there is a $300 charge.
- The original staircase to the 2nd floor is quite steep.
- Air-conditioning is included in rental price.