Harbour Island, Bahamas
6 Bedrooms and 5.5 Bathrooms (Sleeps 12)
Prices start at $22,000 week
Located south of town on Harbour Island’s beautiful bay, White Lodge sits on four acres and is a traditional Bahamian house, part of which was built in the 1860's. Not only does this gated compound have beautiful water views, but it has one of the few private tennis courts on the island. White Lodge comprises a main house, master bedroom cottage and a guest cottage which is known as the "Beau's Room." On the very pretty grounds are also a small dock house and a dock from which there is excellent swimming and boating. The island's famous beach is a 5-minute walk away.
White Lodge is attractively and comfortably furnished and the bedroom layout assures privacy for guests. On one side of this charming house are two separate sleeping cottages and on the other, a large terrace with sitting and dining areas. On the harbor side of the house is a large porch with a fretwork balustrade and several seating areas. From here steps lead down to a lower terrace and to a path down a sloping lawn to the water. White Lodge is a perfect house for a family or group of friends.
- Sun room with lots of windows and double doors opening to a covered porch
- Living room with a door to the porch
- Dining room
- Bedroom with a queen-size bed, sitting area and bathroom en suite with a tub/shower
Second Floor (outside access with a covered spiral staircase)
- Bedroom with a queen-size bed. Access is through the below bedroom.
- Bedroom with twin beds and a door opening to a deck with a water view
- Bathroom with a shower
- Queen-size bed, windows on three sides and bathroom en suite with a tub/shower
- Sitting/dressing room
- Queen-size bed, sitting area and bathroom en suite with a tub/shower
- King-size bed, sitting area and bathroom en suite with a shower
A/C and Wifi throughout, Smart TV, ceiling fans, generator, laundry room with washer/dryer, dishwasher, CD and DVD players, 2 refrigerators, charcoal grill, ice maker, telephone and all-weather tennis court
The housekeeper works six days weekly (not Sundays or holidays). She comes in the morning and can return in afternoon if needed and does all household cleaning and laundry. There is also a property manager checks in daily with guests and troubleshoots everything.
The housekeeper who can do personal laundry at $10 per day. She's also a good cook and can prepare lunch and dinner. A chef is also available.
- You can take the water taxi directly to the house's dock.
- Guests can "run a tab" at Pigly Wigly, Captain Bob's and Bristol Wines and pay at the end of their stay.
- Bring your own tennis racquets and balls.
- There is a powder room off the kitchen.
- No smoking, please.