Anguilla, West Indies
5 Bedrooms and 6.5 Bathrooms (Sleeps 10)
Located on Anguilla’s leeward north side on the Sea Rocks of Island Harbour, oceanfront Villa Amarilla has sublime panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean whose color changes continually with the tides - from iridescent aqua to deep sapphire blue. In addition to the beauty of the surf breaking on the reefs, the views include Shoal Bay Beach to the west and Scrub Island to the east. Cleverly designed so that even before stepping through Amarilla’s iron and glass front doors, the first thing one sees is ocean. An auspicious start! The large ground floor is luminous with French doors opening to the glorious scenery. Five air-conditioned bedroom suites are equally large and airy. One of which is on the ground level and the others are upstairs. Each has a spectacular ocean view, air-conditioned bathroom with 2 sinks, Sferra linens, a safe, blackout curtains, flat-screen HD cable TV, ceiling fan and walk-through closet.
Outside is a large terrace with comfy chaises longues and heated infinity pool which has a built-in spa and very fun sun beds. Flanking the terrace are 2 pavilions. One has a tiled banquette and a table with 4 chairs and the other has a dining table seating 10, bar and barbeque kitchen. From everywhere are dazzling views. There is also an outdoor bathroom that is easily accessible from this area. Three sets of staircases lead down to the garden.
Beautifully designed with spacious indoor and outdoor living and dining areas, Villa Amarilla is the perfect house for a large group of friends or a family. Its spectacular and very private setting combined with wonderful décor and great amenities make this a perfect island retreat.
- Entrance hall with a pair of custom designed consoles and a beautiful seashell chandelier that is flanked by twin staircases leading up to the 2nd floor
- Great Room with a coffered ceiling, sitting area, round dining/games table with 4 chairs, large flat-screen satellite TV and wet bar with a drinks fridge and ice-maker
- Dining room with a Chippendale-style table seating twelve and superb sunset views
- Separate media room, also air-conditioned, with a 50-inch flat screen plasma TV, surround sound, Control-4 iPod dock
- State-of-the-art chef’s kitchen with GE Profile five-burner gas cooktop, double ovens, microwave, dishwasher and separate wine refrigerator
- Pearl Suite with a king-size bed, French doors opening to the terrace and bathroom with indoor and outdoor showers
- Porch with a small table and chairs and a sitting area
- Emerald Suite with a king-size bed, wood-beamed ceiling, French doors opening to the porch and bathroom with indoor and outdoor showers
- Turquoise Suite with a king-size bed (can be converted to twins), French doors opening to the porch and bathroom with a walk-in shower
- Coral Suite with twin beds (can be converted to a king), French doors opening to the porch and bathroom with a walk-in shower
- Sapphire Suite with a king-size bed, wood-beamed ceiling, French doors opening to the porch and bathroom with indoor and outdoor showers
Air-conditioned media room, Wi-Fi throughout, ceiling fans, SONOS music system in and outside, state-of the-art security system (can be armed even with doors open!), flat-screen TVs, telephones and imported tile throughout. All living areas, including outdoor dining, living and pool area, are wired for sound from one’s own iPhone/iPad or Amarilla’s digital library of music. Pool and spa heating are included in the rent. There is a Vonage line with a local Dallas number so guests can call the States and the States can call them at no cost. A fantastic French bakery and very good wine store are nearby and both deliver!
Maid service 6 days weekly (she also does personal laundry) and wonderful concierge who will arrange car rental, restaurant reservations, spa services, fishing, diving, snorkeling, golf, tennis etc.
Chef and butler
Villa Amarilla is a non-smoking villa. No exceptions. Pets are not allowed.
The best beach on the island, Shoal Bay East, is a 2 mile stretch of powder white sand and gin clear water. It’s a 6 minute drive and has fun beach bars and open-air restaurants. A small secluded beach is a 4 minute walk away. Within easy access are Anguilla’s many outstanding restaurants and beaches as well as a Greg Norman designed golf course. The airport is 15 minutes