4-5 Bedrooms with Bathrooms En Suite and 2 Powder Rooms (Sleeps up to 12)
4 night minimum except Christmas/New Year's (7 nights)
Located on the east end of Tortola, Golden Pavilion is a very private 4-acre property situated on a promontory overlooking the Atlantic. This Balinese-inspired house not only has fantastic 180-degree views and both sublime interiors and exteriors but it comes with an excellent chef who will prepare and serve continental breakfast, lunch and dinner 6 days per week. Guests are met at the airport by Matt, the terrific and very nice Estate Manager, who will assist with baggage transfers and vehicle rental and then escort guests to the house. Once through Golden Pavilion's gated entry, a driveway winds though lush landscaping down a hillside to the arrival courtyard with its pagoda-roofed portal, lily-pond and Asian statuary. Ahead a red and gold-filigreed door opens into Golden Pavilion's sumptuous interiors. Traditional Indonesian sculptures, art and furnishings fill the public spaces and much of the décor is reminiscent of the British Colonial period. Upon arrival, guests will be served complimentary arrival drinks and snacks followed by an introductory tour. It's a wonderful way to begin one's stay in this exotic paradise. Between Golden Pavilion's overall design and the extraordinary sense of serenity, it will be hard to believe you're not on Bali.
Four bedrooms suites in the Main House are located in two wings and are separated by the Great Room. The optional fifth bedroom is in an adjacent cottage. All are beautifully appointed with imported four-poster beds that have high quality orthopedic and hypo-allergenic mattresses, exotic fabrics, heavy blackout curtains and walk-in closets. Bathrooms have dual vanities, a hair dryer, a safe and small L'Occitane toiletries.
The large Great Room has three French doors that open to a covered terrace with a huge carved dining table. A few steps down is the tiled pool deck, a heated infinity-edge pool that blends into the endless horizon of the ocean, a gas rotisserie grill, a drinks fridge, hot tub, chaises lounges, a cushioned teak seating area and a stone fire pit, which is great fun in the evening. Four exterior speakers face the dining area and pool. One of the walking paths that threads through the beautiful tropical landscaping leads to a a stone seating area under a shady tree with a table for drinks and a vast ocean view – perfect for watching sunsets! Another path down the cliff, which is only for the most adventuresome and when the north swell is dormant, leads down to a protected swimming grotto at the cliff’s bottom. A few minutes away by car or foot, is gorgeous Little Bay Beach. Frequently empty due to the challenging road that connects it to the outside world, this beach is beyond description. Perfect white sand from end to end terminates in towering cliffs. Swim to the east just beyond the point and enter a magical sea cave with crystal clear water. This unique house combines luxury, serenity, and privacy with meticulous attention to detail and every modern amenity. Unparalleled Golden Pavilion has raised the bar for Tortola rentals.
Great Room with hand-carved wooden pillars, an ornate carved Balinese daybed and a four speaker sound system with a CD changer and 160-gig loaded iPod. Three sets of French doors open to the covered dining terrace and dazzling ocean views.
- Media room with 56” flat-screen TV, DVD player, 5.1 surround sound, satellite service receiving all premium channels, Sony playstation, Skype-ready windows XP personal computer with fax machine and phone
- Home office with a PC computer, unlimited free international dialing via cordless internet Skype phone, printer/copier/fax, extensive paperback library and over a hundred DVD titles
- Large professional kitchen with air-conditioning, granite counters, custom cabinetry, stainless steel Viking appliances, ice maker and dishwasher
- Powder room
- Bedroom with a king-size bed and bathroom en suite. Screened French doors open to a terrace with a fantastic view of White Bay and Monkey Point.
- Bedroom with a king-size bed and bathroom en suite. Screened French doors open a terrace.
- Sitting room with 37” flat-screen TV, 6-DVD/CD player, Sony PlayStation 3 with games, movie collection, books, puzzles and games
- Master bedroom suite with a king-size bed, sitting area, 32” flat screen with satellite and DVD, dressing room and large bathroom with a Jacuzzi tub, his-and-hers sinks, and both an indoor and outdoor shower. French doors open to a terrace, which has a fabulous view of White Bay and Monkey Point.
- Bedroom (smaller) with a queen-size bed, bathroom en suite and French doors opening to a terrace with the same view
Gallery with a 37” flat-screen TV, 6-DVD/CD player, high performance JBL sound system with CD changer, antique replica nine foot billiards table, wet bar, icemaker, mini-fridge and ceiling fans. Windows surrounding the room offer 360-degree views.
- Gym with air-conditioning, True Excel Series ES 5.0 Treadmill, Octane Fitness Q47CE Elliptical Cross Trainer, TuffStuff Apollo 250 2-stack gym system, Hoist CF 2165A Incline/Decline, free weights (5-50 lbs.), a 25” satellite TV and a DVD player.
- Powder room
- Apartment with a living room, full kitchen, A/C in the king bedroom, bathroom, flat-screen satellite TV and a wrap-around balcony on three sides of the Cottage.
Air-conditioning in all rooms (except the Great Room and Gallery), 5 satellite TVs (in Media and Sitting Family Rooms, Gallery, Gym, and Master Suite); 6-CD player, Wi-Fi throughout the property, Airplay so guests can play their own music, gas rotisserie grill and fire pit, security cameras and motion detector system on property, electronic entry gate, automatic generator, laundry, extensive paperback library, over a hundred DVD titles, games, UV water purification, hammocks, beach chairs, cooler, boogie boards, assorted snorkel gear, pool toys and a tropical fruit orchard. Airport greeting, baggage transfers, rental car facilitation and escort to the estate by the house manager are included as are arrival drinks and snacks followed by an introductory tour.
Chef who prepares and serves 3 meals (continental breakfast) 6 days week, daily housekeeping and Matt, the Estate Manager. As he says," My role tends to involve a combination Manager, Concierge and Guide undertaking arrangements for all aspects of the guests stay. Whether they wish to go on day sail to Jost Van Dyke, Island hopping on a powerboat, a spa day on Peter Island, snorkeling the caves at Norman Island or scuba diving the wreck of the HMS Rhone, I will be available to assist. On certain days out I will act as guide just to make sure the guests get the best experience possible."
Chef who is available by the week or meal (with advance notice), housekeeping on weekends or holidays; spa treatments, yoga and personal training at the house; boat charters for diving, snorkeling, fishing and sightseeing; party service, babysitting, personal laundry and grocery shopping. Two single rollaway beds are available per night (for children under 15 years only).
Little Bay Beach: about 7 minutes; 10 minute drive to Josiah’s Bay Beach for notable surfing and boogie boarding; the airport, Road Town, West End beaches, shops, restaurants (there are several really good ones), hospital/clinic: about 15 minutes and a 30 minute boat ride to Virgin Gorda and Jost Van Dyke (both well worth the trip).
- Matt lives nearby - just a phone call away should you need his assistance.
- As the road to the house is long, winding and dirt, a 4-wheel drive vehicle is definitely recommended!
- A 10% staff gratuity has been added to the rental rate.
- Smoking allowed outdoors only, please.