St. John, USVI
3 Bedrooms and 3.5 Bathrooms (Sleeps 6)
Nestled into a south shore hillside with direct views of Klein and Rendezvous Bays and Ditliff Point, Latitude comprises a main house and a two-story guest house. Both are accessed by stairs from the parking level below and are separated by a large deck, a 36’ x 10’ pool and a hot tub. From the main level, stairs lead to the upper floor of the cottage and then to a large gazebo with chaises longues on the top level. It’s a perfect spot for reading quietly or watching dazzling sunsets. Inside, the contemporary interiors are comfy and bright and all rooms have beautiful water views. The airy bedrooms have outside entrances and are air-conditioned.
An easy 3-minute walk brings one down to secluded Klein Bay. Its small, pebbly beach has good snorkeling along the rocks on both sides of the bay and just offshore, one often sees rays and turtles in the sea grass. Latitude is about a 10-minute drive from Cruz Bay, the charming town on the west side of St. John, which has many restaurants, shops, galleries and the ferry dock. Several minutes farther are the fantastic National Park beaches. This is a fun house for friends, couples or a family with older children.
- Great Room with sitting and dining areas and fully equipped kitchen. This very open room has sliding doors that open to the pool terrace with an outdoor dining area and grill and water views.
- Powder room
- Master bedroom with a queen-size bed and bathroom en suite with a shower. Doors open onto the pool terrace.
- Blue bedroom with a queen-size bed and bathroom en suite with a shower. Doors open onto the pool terrace.
- Green bedroom with twin beds and bathroom en suite with a shower
Air-conditioned bedrooms; WiFi and high-speed Internet access; cable TV, DVD player, stereo systems, ceiling fans; gas grill; washer/dryer; answering machine; iron/ironing board; hairdryers; safes; iPod docking stations, microwave; dishwasher; books and beach chairs, coolers, totes and towels. A welcome basket has a bottle of wine, coffee and snacks.
Maid service once mid week
Extra maid service, cook or chef (either can also deliver meals), stocking the fridge, drop-off dinners for your arrival, starter packages for your first days on-island, massage, manicures and pedicures at the house and private yoga or Pilates instruction
- Children over 8 are welcome (if parents are OK with outside entrances to bedrooms).
- No smoking or pets, please.
- For larger groups there is a 4-bedroom house, just down the street, that is available for rent.