3 Bedrooms with Bathrooms En Suite (Sleeps 6)
Price upon request
Yellowbird is undoubtedly one of the most charming properties on Mustique. Designed by famed British set designer Oliver Messel, guests fall in love with this house even from the outside. Making it even more appealing, upon arrival, as with all homes on this exclusive island, one is greeted at the front door with welcome drinks served by the truly nice staff. Immediately upon entering, one’s eye is drawn through the very pretty living room and across the large deck and the island to the sea with Bequia and St. Vincent beyond. To take advantage of its Endeavor Hills location, Yellowbird is built on two levels so that most rooms have a beautiful view and are cooled by the prevailing easterly trade winds.
The large living and dining area, which is surrounded on three sides by French doors and windows, is decorated in a soft palate of light blue and white. The result is airy, summery and serene. Outside is a large deck running the length of the house with sitting and dining areas. Yellowbird was also designed so that each of the bedrooms has maximum privacy and so the first guest bedroom is on this main level. On the lower level, which is accessed by an outside staircase, are the master bedroom and a pool with a classic gingerbread dining pavilion at the other end and a guest cottage at the other. All of the bedrooms are air-conditioned, have bathrooms en suite and beds draped with filmy mosquito nets.
- Large room with sitting and dining areas and French doors opening to a large porch
- Kitchen and pantry
- Bedroom with twin beds, sitting area and bathroom en suite with a shower. Doors open to the porch and the ocean view.
Lower Level (accessed by an outdoor staircase)
- Master bedroom with a queen-size bed, office/sitting room with a flat screen TV, DVD player and bathroom en suite with a tub and shower. French doors open to the pool deck and there is a side door that opens near the staircase. The view from the bed is across the pool to the sea and islands.
- Powder room
- Bedroom with a queen-size bed and bathroom en suite with a shower. This room has garden and pool views.
- Round dining table seating 8 and small fridge
Air-conditioned bedrooms, broadband Internet access, TV, stereo, lock box, iPod sound dock, telephone. The house comes with a large Kawasaki Mule (seats 6).
Chef, butler and maid
The staff lives in separate cottages on the property.