HILL RISE HOUSE
Nevis, West Indies
4 Bedrooms with Bathrooms En Suite (Sleeps up to 9)
Hill Rise House is a charming West Indian style home with gingerbread trim sitting on a hill 500 feet above sea level. This location is perfect as it has constant trade winds and a panoramic view of the Caribbean and the islands of St. Kitts, Saba and St. Eustacius. Hill Rise House also enjoys spectacular sunsets and later a fairyland of twinkling lights below in Charlestown, the very appealing capital and birthplace of Alexander Hamilton. Nevis is a small peaceful island steeped in history and several of its former plantations are now marvelous small hotels. One of them, Montpelier, is just a few minutes walk as are the Botanical Gardens.
Both the main house and guest house are comfortably decorated in "colonial plantation" style with lots of antique furniture, as well as traditional Lloyd Loom, mahogany, teak and rattan. They also have large verandas and overlook the 40' swimming pool and pool house, which has a cold shower, below. This wonderful 2½ acre compound also has very pretty gardens surrounding all of the buildings, which are set apart for privacy. At the entrance to the property is a gatehouse where the laundry is located and off to the side is the tennis court which can be lit at night.
- Living room
- Kitchen with Italian granite worktops and Spanish tiled floors
- Very large covered outdoor living and dining area
- Bedroom with two double beds, bathroom en suite and a porch on both the front and rear sides
- Bedroom with two double beds, bathroom en suite and a porch on both sides
- Large master bedroom with a small double bed, matching twin bed, bathroom en suite and living area
- Covered outdoor living and dining area
- Bedroom with linked twin beds, bathroom en suite and living area with a divan that can be used as an extra bed
Pool and tennis court, telephone, cable TV, CD/stereo, use WiFi or Ethernet cable, remote control for the 17kVA backup generator (installed in the Gate House), portable CD player that can be hooked up to the music system, ceiling fans and screened windows in the bedrooms, dishwasher, charcoal grill and pool towels
Donna, the wonderful housekeeper, comes in every morning (at variable times) except Sundays and holidays to make beds and tidy up. She has no fixed hours and will launder anything that doesn't require special care. Bernard is the gardener and he works weekdays from 7am to 3.30pm. The pool is serviced twice each week.
Advance food shopping. Donna is also an excellent cook and is available to either cook and leave meals or to cook and serve meals.
- Beaches and Charlestown are about 15 minutes.
- There is a Robert Trent Jones 18-hole golf course at the nearby Four Seasons Hotel.
- Hill Rise House may also be rented with fewer bedrooms for smaller groups.
- There is usually a resident cat but she doesn't bother guests.
- Guests need to bring their own tennis racquets and balls.