3+ Bedrooms and 3.5 Bathrooms (Sleeps up to 8)
5 night minimum except holiday weeks (7 nights) and Christmas/New Year's (10 nights)
Wonderfully designed in the West Indian style and very well equipped, Tara sits at the end of a tranquil West End neighborhood road for excellent seclusion. Overlooking lovely sea views and perfectly sited for cooling trade winds, this four-pavilion, hillside property is arranged in a private garden setting. From the parking area a staircase leads up to Tara's large terrace and the 12' x 22' pool.
Tara's first pavilion, on the west side of the pool and terrace, is the romantic master bedroom. The larger main pavilion on the opposite side of the pool comprises the Great Room, dining area and kitchen, which open to the pool terrace and thatched tiki hut with a bar. Adjoining the Great Room is a covered garden pavilion with a fountain, dining area and ocean views. Just off it is the third pavilion with an air-conditioned office that can double as another bedroom. The fourth pavilion houses another guest room. Decorated in Caribbean colors with cool tile floors and native stone walls, Tara’s interiors flow gracefully outside to the postcard perfect views. This is a wonderfully located, very attractive house and it’s just 10 minutes away from two of Tortola’s prettiest beaches at Smuggler’s Cove and Long Bay.
- Great Room with a TV and Bose surround sound system
- Covered outdoor living room
- Indoor/outdoor dining room with a fountain and arched windows looking out to the sea
- Well-equipped kitchen with a 6-burner commercial gas stove and a Cuisinart
- Powder room
- Bedroom with a 4-poster king-size canopy bed, TV and DVD player, air-conditioning and bathroom en suite with an “al fresco” stone shower. Double doors open to both a large private balcony and to the pool terrace.
- Office equipped with a computer with DSL line and a printer/scanner/fax and air-conditioning. It also has a queen-size sofa bed which can be rented as a bedroom at an additional charge.
- Bedroom with queen-size bed, air-conditioning. Doors open to a private deck and small garden.
- Bathroom shared by the office and bedroom
Bedroom with queen-size bed, air-conditioning, bathroom en suite with an “al fresco” stone shower and a private balcony
A/C, TV (without satellite), DVD player and safes in 3 bedrooms, A/C in study, satellite TV with 60 music channels in living room, CD/DVD/VCR player, Bose surround sound system, computer with DSL line and Wi-Fi, iPod docking station, movie and music collections, books, games, chest freezer for ice and frozen goods by tiki bar, hair dryers, telescope, binoculars, gas grill, beach chairs and cooler, dishwasher and laundry
Maid service twice weekly
Extra maid service and a cook
- A notarized liability waiver is required for all children under 8 years, please (terraces have very low walls and no railings).
- Smoking outdoors only.
- A 4-wheel drive vehicle is recommended.
- There is a charge for the 7th and/or 8th person using the office as a guest room.