5 Bedrooms and 6 Bathrooms (Sleeps 10)
Built on a hillside and surrounded by tropical foliage, La Huerta follows the famous architectural tradition of Careyes though it feels more like a Mexican hacienda with its numerous indoor and outdoor living spaces. Running along the front of the villa is a long cascade infinity pool with small waterfall and a heated Jacuzzi. Like all the villas of Careyes, this wonderful house has large rooms and fantastic views of the ultramarine blue Pacific. La Huerta is built on 3,700 square meters of tropical land and it has a beautiful large garden. Also like most houses in this very private enclave, a huge 21’ ft. palapa, supported by towering tree trunks, houses the main living and dining areas and a bar. From these areas are beautiful ocean views and from the bedrooms, jungle and garden views. Throughout the villa are original contemporary works of art, mixed with stylish Central American textiles and various Mexican treasures. This is a very chic and comfortable house and is perfect for families or groups of friends.
A cobblestone walkway and stairs lead down to the beautiful Playa Rosa beach (three minutes on foot or one by car), where there is a restaurant under a large palapa. There is also El Careyes Hotel, which has a restaurant, pool, small beach, tennis courts, an excellent spa and shops (which will ship to the U.S). For those wanting golf, there is a spectacular course, which is carved into the jungle along the beach in Tamarindo, about 45 minutes south.
- Palapa under which is an open-air living area with a bar and a dining area seating 12. There is a Bose sound system with a CD, telephone and high speed Internet connection. It overlooks the pool and has spectacular views.
- Professional kitchen
- Powder room
- Master bedroom with a king-size bed, bathroom en suite with a tub and shower and a terrace with steps leading directly into the pool. It also has air-conditioning, bathrobes, fans, a telephone, satellite TV, DVD, VCR and a beautiful ocean view.
- Bedroom with a king-size bed and bathroom en suite with a carved in tub and shower. It also has air-conditioning, ceiling fans, a telephone, a hammock and doors opening to a terrace with pool and garden views.
- Bedroom with a king-size bed and bathroom en suite with a carved in tub and shower. It also has air-conditioning, ceiling fans, a telephone and doors opening to a terrace with pool and garden views.
- Bedroom with twin beds (may be made into king) and bathroom en suite with a carved in tub and shower. It also has air-conditioning, ceiling fans, a telephone and doors opening to a balcony with pool and garden views.
- Bedroom with twin beds (may be made into king) and bathroom en suite with a carved in tub and shower. It also has air-conditioning, ceiling fans, a telephone and doors opening to a terrace with pool, garden and ocean views.
Air-conditioned bedrooms, high speed Internet connection, satellite TV, telephone, fax, safes in bedrooms, CD/Bose audio and sound system, daily New York Times fax and ceiling fans. Bathrooms are fully stocked with amenities such as shampoo, creams, gels, razors, hair dryers and candles. For children there are cots, cribs and highchairs and the staff will prepare an early supper for them from a special children’s menu.
Cook, maids, houseboy and pool man
- Massage at the villa
- Airport transfers
- Fitness Center at the “El Careyes Beach Hotel”
- Nanny/babysitting service
- Mariachi band to perform at the villa
A private dirt 1,200 meter (4,000 feet) landing strip is located 10 minutes south of Careyes. Manzanillo is 1 hour north and Puerto Vallarta is 2½ hours south. While the Manzanillo airport is closer, most major airlines fly into Puerto Vallarta.
Children are welcome but they must have a nanny